The Kapiti Coast Chamber of Commerce exists to advance the local economy and solve business issues - an opportunity for members to promote themselves, get advice, and grow their business.
Predominantly established by volunteers and funded by memberships, the Chamber have key objectives to achieve but are often time poor and budget conscious. The website needs to work intuitively for the Chamber, both in an administrative capacity and in membership retention/acquisition.
Automate non-intuitive tasks that take administrators away from building membership. Support and promote members online by giving their business greater awareness and accessibility to connect with other members and potential business customers.
The Chamber can now self manage their web content, membership database, and events. Members and non-members can rsvp and pay for an event, and businesses can now register and pay for a new membership online. Members can promote themselves and get greater exposure through profiles and home page featured testimonials with their photo. Members also have additional privileges when logged in, they can access additional contact detail of other members, and update their own details including web/social links and testimonial. The website is accessible and easily read on all desktop and modern mobile devices.
The web development has seen an overall positive response with the following results:
- Event and membership payment tasks have been put in the hands of the members, allowing administrators to focus on tasks that benefit members.
- Members have greater exposure and member benefits through their featured testimonials and profiles.
- Google Analytics shows website visits doubled since go live, and consistently since.
- The website has opened up a new innovative approach for promoting the Chamber and engaging and connecting members on a regular basis.
- Shifting the Chamber into a modern, forward thinking organisation - key for younger membership acquisition.
Client:Kapiti Coast Chamber of Commerce